Depends on which version. The official version requires, that you create all aliases by yourself. The private version comes with a shitload of pre-defined aliases (including ascii).
I would love to try out the private version, specially if it replaces the old smiles with Emoji.
It does not directly replace them. You have to remove the currently installed smilies, first.
You have to remove the currently installed smilies, first.
Yes, I understand. I was concerned that once the old smilies were removed, there would be a lot of posts with :) in them and no Emoji.
I've sent you a conversation.
How can I have "the private version"?
Added you to the conversation
I added the the private version and it's great! It seems like it would be a very poplar plugin if it was added to the Plugin-Store on WoltLab.
Btw... There are some smilie codes which you have to assign manually (due to the fact, that they are no official emoji ascii aliases OR they just do not exist in Unicode 8.0). Here's, how i've assigned them:Code
- ^^ = Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
- X( = Angry Face
- :| = Neutral Face
- 8o = Astonished Face
- =O = Fearful Face
- <X = Nauseated Face - Comes with Unicode 9 / 2016Q2
- || = Tired Face
- :S = Confused Face
- X/ = Confounded Face
- ?( = Thinking Face
- :huh: = Hushed Face
- :rolleyes: = Face With Rolling Eyes
- :love: = Smiling Face With Heart-shaped Eyes
- 8| = Confused Face (havent found a better alternative)
- :cursing: = Pouting Face
- :whistling: = Kissing Face (stupid, but there's no official "whistle face" and this one here looks close to a whistling emoji)
- :evil: = Smiling Face With Horns
- :saint: = Smiling Face With Halo
- :!: = Heavy Exclamation Mark Symbol
- :?: = Black Question Mark Ornament
Thank you, SoftCreatR. The plugin, code and help is appreciated very much.